Thank you for your interest in working at South Main Book Company! We are not currently hiring, but we'd love to take your application and keep it on file for the next time we're looking for a new bookseller. If you love books *and* love people, are eager to go the extra mile to make a customer happy, have patience, a sense of humor, and great attention to detail, we'd love to hear about your interest in working at South Main!
First, a few things to know about working at Content:
- We do not make seasonal hires, such as over the holiday season or summer-only positions. Training to become a bookseller is fairly involved and can take several months, so it doesn’t make sense for us to make short-term hires.
- We have a strong preference for applications that show previous retail (ideally bookstore) experience or other intensive customer service experience.
- Ideal candidates will be excited about helping all kinds of customers find books they'll love, will be comfortable with learning new technology, adept at internet research, have great attention to detail, and a sense of humor.
- Applicants must be able to lift up to 40 pounds many times per day, bend or sit to work near the floor, and climb a stepladder safely.
- We value diversity and are an equal opportunity employer, and people of color, veterans, women, LGBTQ people, and others are strongly encouraged to apply.
Here’s what we’d like to see from you to consider your application now or in the future:
- A completed application form
- Your resumé
- A brief letter explaining why you think you’d make a great addition to the team.
(you'll have a chance to upload these at the end of this form)
We receive many applications, and while we review each one carefully, we cannot respond to them all. We will be in touch with you if we are interested in interviewing you for a position at the bookstore.
Your support keeps books on our shelves and in our community.
Start Your Search
All purchases made through our BookShop Store will directly benefit our store.